From Region 8:
OA’s Twelfth Step Within Day-December 12th, 2020
Every December 12th, Overeater Anonymous groups and service boards around the world celebrate and plan events for Twelfth Step Within Day, a day to support the still-suffering compulsive eater within our Fellowship.
Here are some actions to take:
· Make as many outreach calls as you can by 12 noon!
· Reach out to a member (s) you haven’t seen in a Zoom meeting in awhile.
· Write an article, a poem, or share your thoughts on the 12th step, 12th tradition, 12th promise, or 12th principle.
· Use the day to reflect on the strength of your own recovery,
· Write down twelve actions that will support your recovery and the recovery
· Share the list.
· Write an article for your service body’s newsletter.
· Did you hear someone on a meeting share something that was causing them distress, or pain/struggle. Why not reach out to them after the meeting. Ask for their number in the Chat feature on Zoom.
· Call a sponsee who is struggling with the physical, emotional, or spiritual part of recovery.
We can offer our honesty, experience, strength, hope, support and encouragement to a member who is struggling in program. On December 12th, reach out and help a fellow in program who may still be sick and suffering!
What and when is Twelfth Step Within Day?December 12 (12/12) each year is designated as OA’s International Twelfth Step Within Day. The purpose is to encourage OA service bodies, meetings, and individual members to reach out to those within the Fellowship who are still suffering from compulsive eating behaviors.
You are not alone anymore!